A good fleet management system should provide the following functionality:
- Record data relating to the vehicle purchased such as Make, Model, Year, Designation and Variant as well as other customisable data fields such as colour, optional extras installed, and asset/plant number.
- Record Acquisition Costs
- Record Depreciation Costs
- Record disposal criteria such as time, odometer or hour meter readings
- Record vehicle maintenance & service data, parts used, costs, check list items
- Record revenue earned supplying & managing the vehicle for other business unbits within the organisation
- Record operational costs such as fuel, rego, road tax, insurance and when they are due